The Olde Cornblog


Hello. This is the Cornblog. My people call it the Maize Blog.

blog archives

Links
hydar blog
hydar blog v2.0
Sizzling Weasel
My profile on CS
Google
lolbama
EWTN Catholic TV and radio
Mark Shea's Blog
Envoy Blog
Catholic Blog for Lovers
Thrown Back
Just Another Soldier
OpenBook
BlameBush
Dullest Blog in the World
Catholic Images by Pavel Chichikov
The 9/11 Commission
Ace O Spades Blog
Dan Hydar
Your Catholic Voice
Bagh Blog
Feminists for Life
Diary of an anti - Chomsky ite guy
Relapsed Catholic
National Catholic Register
Iraq
commentary page
James Akin
hydarblog
obama's own facebook : barackbook!
<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

contact...
me
Tell me how much you like my blog. Hah!

This page is powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 02, 2020
Well, it's middle of Lent and we've given up alcohol.

It's middle(?) of Wuhan Corona Virus 19 Lockdown time.

How to fill the gap?  Fancy Teas.


My Mariage Frères Shipment


It's been a long time since I've gone on a Fancy Tea jag and now's the perfect time. Something to reach for when bored in the afternoon, instead of chips.  Something to sip in the evening instead of our accumulated Wine Club buys.

For the evenings especially, since The Missus is caffeine sensitive, I've chosen... unstrong teas. Two rooibos-based teas and one a flavored green tea.

The first, Mariage Frères Rouge Bourbon was the tea that justified taking a chance on the other two online. It's hard to drop Good Tea money on Leaves Previously Unsniffed.  It's a tasty, rooibos-based tea with a pleasant body and very nice cigar-y vanilla-y flavors.

The next, Mariage Frères Marco Polo Rouge, flower-y, fruity rooibos tea. I'd say this one is *not* one that I'd have more that one cup of this one at a time. It's pleasant, but a bit overpowering for haviing seconds.

The final, the Mariage Frères Casablanca, is a green tea with a very refreshing snap of mint. Inhaling near a freshly-opened tin is a nice sinus-clearer.

I'm very happy with my purchases, as I Shelter In Place, like a good little Moleman.

Labels: , , ,


posted by DRH 4/02/2020 01:04:00 AM



home << # St. Blog's Parish ? >> Site Meter