The Olde Cornblog


Hello. This is the Cornblog. My people call it the Maize Blog.

blog archives

Links
hydar blog
hydar blog v2.0
Sizzling Weasel
My profile on CS
Google
lolbama
EWTN Catholic TV and radio
Mark Shea's Blog
Envoy Blog
Catholic Blog for Lovers
Thrown Back
Just Another Soldier
OpenBook
BlameBush
Dullest Blog in the World
Catholic Images by Pavel Chichikov
The 9/11 Commission
Ace O Spades Blog
Dan Hydar
Your Catholic Voice
Bagh Blog
Feminists for Life
Diary of an anti - Chomsky ite guy
Relapsed Catholic
National Catholic Register
Iraq
commentary page
James Akin
hydarblog
obama's own facebook : barackbook!
<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

contact...
me
Tell me how much you like my blog. Hah!

This page is powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 19, 2004
Bill Clinton, RIP
Nope he ain't dead.

Nonetheless, Reagan's funary week smacking into Bill Clinton's Book Tour week (month? year?) made me think about how his death will be received. It occured to me that his funeral won't be about him at all; it will be about millions and millions of Baby Boomers collectively screaming OH MY GOD! I'M OLD! I'M GOING TO DIE!!! My gut feeling is that he's more of a symbol for them folks, first one in the White House of that generation, blah blah blah... he didn't really do all that much that was exciting or memorable (in an official capacity), but he was compitent... but that doesn't make fo a huge memorial. So, in the absence of material based on his actual presidency, teh vacuum will be filled with Vietnam-era Boomers whacked upside the head with thoughts of their own mortality.

That's what I figure, anyway.

No, to figure out how to cash in on this....

posted by DRH 6/19/2004 04:53:00 PM



home << # St. Blog's Parish ? >> Site Meter