The Olde Cornblog


Hello. This is the Cornblog. My people call it the Maize Blog.

blog archives

Links
hydar blog
hydar blog v2.0
Sizzling Weasel
My profile on CS
Google
lolbama
EWTN Catholic TV and radio
Mark Shea's Blog
Envoy Blog
Catholic Blog for Lovers
Thrown Back
Just Another Soldier
OpenBook
BlameBush
Dullest Blog in the World
Catholic Images by Pavel Chichikov
The 9/11 Commission
Ace O Spades Blog
Dan Hydar
Your Catholic Voice
Bagh Blog
Feminists for Life
Diary of an anti - Chomsky ite guy
Relapsed Catholic
National Catholic Register
Iraq
commentary page
James Akin
hydarblog
obama's own facebook : barackbook!
<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>

contact...
me
Tell me how much you like my blog. Hah!

This page is powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 12, 2003
What did we Know and When did we Know it
Check out CNN honcho, Eason Jordan's
admission that they covered up news so that they could have a Baghdad bureau. It's simply astounding .. Saddam's son Uday felt so confident in his "relationship" with the grand CNN poobah, that he told him ahead of time that he was going to try to asasssinate two of his own relatives who had defected to Jordan and even King Hussain! And check out this one:
I came to know several Iraqi officials well enough that they confided in me that Saddam Hussein was a maniac who had to be removed. One Foreign Ministry officer told me of a colleague who, finding out his brother had been executed by the regime, was forced, as a test of loyalty, to write a letter of congratulations on the act to Saddam Hussein. An aide to Uday once told me why he had no front teeth: henchmen had ripped them out with pliers and told him never to wear dentures, so he would always remember the price to be paid for upsetting his boss. Again, we could not broadcast anything these men said to us.

So much for any kind of 'objective news"... no reporting at all? Why not just pull out of Iraq? If CNN couldn't report honestly, what is the point of having a presence "on the ground"?

Speaking of not letting us know, I found this little number from Scott Ritter, the arms-inspector-turned-antiwar-activist. Check it out. He knew all about the kids that Saddam had locked up, but didn't want to tell anyone just how bad it was. Why? They might want to try and free the kids.

You've spoke about having seen the children's prisons in Iraq. Can you describe what you saw there?
[...] It was a horrific scene. Actually I'm not going to describe what I saw there because what I saw was so horrible that it can be used by those who would want to promote war with Iraq, and right now I'm waging peace.


posted by DRH 4/12/2003 11:45:00 AM



home << # St. Blog's Parish ? >> Site Meter